DillerDesign Practical Website Development
What is this site?
Welcome to the personal website of Drew Diller, a full-time web developer who makes himself available for freelance projects, because it can be fun and rewarding.
Why should you hire me?
My prices are fair. My quality is high. I specialize in small sites for individuals and medium/small companies (does this describe you?).
I like my job, and strive to give every client something that meets (and hopefully exceeds) their expectations.
I am honest and sincere, and aim to educate my clients on what they are paying me for. My auto mechanic does the same thing, and I've never left their shop feeling mystified or ripped off.
I've been told a few times that I am "too honest", which has on one occasion resulted in me missing an opportunity to earn money - upon telling one prospective client that in their case, a custom website would be less effective than simply posting something on craigslist. It helps me sleep at night.
I am okay with taking unusual approaches to solving a problem.
Wish to contact me?
- I am fluent in CSS and often give counsel toward that end, for both fun and profit.
- I am very experienced with Internet Explorer display bugs. Peekaboo, AlphaImageLoader, Zoom, Doubled-margin, Z-index and DirectX filter issues: chances are, if it exists, I've seen it, learned about it, and know how to fix it (or offer alternatives).
- I write JS from scratch with confidence.
- I have used and familiarized myself with, for varying lengths of time and on several projects, the Prototype JS library, jQuery, and Yahoo's User Interface library.
- My first professional environment was at Internet Broadcasting which lasted for five years, and was a generally positive experience. I then spent a year with Godengo. I currently work for RedBrick Health.
Experiments / Free Software:
- Moronic Map Makers Make Me Mad
- DD_roundies, an alternative "roundtangle"
- DD_belatedPNG: finally, CSS + PNGs + IE6!
- Personal photo thingy
- A very lightweight "star" rating component
- Pipe-separated link lists with SEO relevance
People I like:
- Riding bikes
- Fixing bikes
- Making bikes out of composite materials (bamboo and carbon fiber - no kidding!)